Helpful Tips to Drink Enough Water More Easily
Ever feel fatigued, dehydrated, dizzy, or quenched for thirst? Feeling out of energy and difficulty concentrating? You are most likely dehydrated. By not consuming enough water, you are speeding up the aging process and drying out your skin and hair. Your organs are working overtime drawing liquid from other sources such as your blood, cell fluid, and urine. If your body is dehydrated, you are essentially starving your organs and impacting your physical and emotional strength.
Read on for the top 5 reasons to ensure your body is well hydrated!
1. You’ll improve your strength and focus! Staying hydrated ensures your body doesn’t suffer. You will perform at your highest level if you nourish your body and stay hydrated. Feeling tired during the day? Try drinking a glass of water to perk up instead of turning to dehydrating caffeinated beverages.
Helpful Tip: If you’re struggling with consuming at least 64 ounces of water per day, try adding some fresh sliced fruit to your water. Strawberries, lemons, cucumber slices, and even mint are delicious additions you can try. Make sure to infuse your water for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator for the most flavor.
2. You’ll love the skin you’re in! Drinking the daily required amount of water per day will aid in the rejuvenation of your skin cells and silky hair. Dry patches, wrinkles, and parched hair are usually signs of dehydration, especially over a prolonged period. Drink your daily water requirement and look in the mirror. You’ll love the change you see!
3. You’ll help with overeating! If you are constantly feeling hungry, you might be suffering from dehydration. Water acts as a suppressant to your appetite and a glass of water before your meals will help you with portion control and overeating! Give it a shot!
Helpful Tip: Set a timer on your phone or reminder on Alexa to drink a glass of water at the top every hour starting when you wake up in the morning and ending at least 2 hours before you go to bed (to avoid any sleep disrupting bathroom trips).
4. Digesting your food will no longer be a problem! Have you ever dealt with constipation? Well, you just might be dehydrated. Cut down on bloat and ensure you are consuming enough water. One of the primary causes of constipation is water deprivation in the bowels. Avoid that altogether and get your 2 liters of water in per day. You may even see your extra pounds start to disappear!
5. Stay hydrated for your heart health! Your life relies on your heart. Your heart works in conjunction with your organs to pump blood through your body and vessels and assists in delivering nutrients to the organs that need it. If you’re well hydrated, your heart does not have to work overtime. Heart health and hydration is important to avoid heat stroke, heart attacks, numbness, and dizziness/fainting. That’s why it’s so important to drink even more water when you are in the heat.
The average adult needs to consume around 2 liters of water every day. That’s over 64 ounces of water per day. It might seem like a lot but flavoring your water will help combat any “boredom” that might occur with plain drinking water.
Helpful Tip: Water filtration systems are wondrous if you are struggling with purchasing bottled water weekly and maintaining a supply of exceptionally filtered drinking water. You can leave your water filter pitcher at home in the refrigerator or just reach for the tap if you have a whole-house system and drink directly from it! The key to consuming enough water is ensuring clean water is easily accessible. If your water is accessible with ease, you are more likely to consume the appropriate daily amount!
Supply your body with the most vital component of life, water! Aim to drink the recommended amount of 2 liters per day and be sure increase your water intake if you’re exercising or when the temperature is summertime hot. You’ll feel so much better and your body will thank you!